Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Stupid gas company!! They were supposed to be here today to get my service turned back on. No show, so I called them. This is almost word for word how the convo went:

"Hey, you didn't show up today to fix this"

"Yes, I see where you asked to have the service re-establised. Did you want us to come out this week to turn it on?"

(no you stupid heifer, I like taking cold showers!!)

"Yeah, that would be nice. At least it's not cold out!"

"Okay, lemme check. Oh, I see you have an old bill that also needs paid."

"An old bill? I shouldn't even have a balance. What old bill?"

"Lets see. Oh, its from *address* from October in 1987. It's for 501.58. Would you like to pay that on your credit card?"

*breathe in, breathe out*

"Um, yeah I lived there, but, um, that was almost 15 years ago!! I'm faily certain I paid that when I moved to my new address!"

"Oh, okay... Do you still have your receipt?"

"No, I don't. why is this now just showing up. I've bought 3 houses since then and they always pull your credit. It never showed up. Why now? Oh, and I know I paid it. "

"Oh, okay... Do you still have your receipt?"

*strangles the phone and kicks the wall*

"Uh, why would I keep a receipt froma a bill I paid 15 freaking years ago??"

"Oh, well then I can't tun it back on. Yeah, thats a really old bill. I wonder why they never billed you?"

"They probably did send me a new bill, and I'm pretty sure it was paid. They wouldn't have turned the service on at the new address if it wasn't paid."

"Yes ma'am thats true. Thats why I can't reschedule a re-connect until your bill is paid."

"Lady, I'm not paying 500 dollars for a 15 year old bill that was paid!!"

"Oh, okay... Do you still have your receipt?"


*screams into the phone*

"I AM NOT paying 500 dollars to turn on my service when I pay my bill in full every ******* month!! I want to speak to your supervisor!"

"Okay, can you hold?"

*holds*

*holds*

*holds*

>click<



And they hung up on me. So now, I get to call my old bank and probably pay lord knows what to find a really old check from back in the 80's.


Crap, that bank closed.

I'm NOT gonna pay it either........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home