Tuesday, October 19, 2004

My kids

I wanted to share this with everyone....Just when you think kids in America are all a bunch of spoiled kids, something happens to change your opinions.

Earlier today the mailman brought the mail, and my youngest went to get it. He came back, and handed it all to me, except for one letter.
I assumed it was for him.

An hour later, both of my boys asked me to either write them a check, or show them how to get a money order.

My first thought was, they want to buy some more games or something. When I asked what they wanted it for, Sean, the youngest held up a card from the Mid-Ohio Foodbank.

They had both pooled all of their money from their rooms and wanted to donate it.

Zack, said. "Mom, did you know there are lots of kids out there who don't get any dinner every night? Sometimes they don't get any breakfast either!"

He was appalled at this concept. Between the both of them, they had almost $45.00.

I wrote them the check.

I'm so proud of them. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home